Media Alliance, LLC is a Mentor-Protegé Joint Venture between Innovative Technologies, Inc., (ITI) and Media Systems Integration (MSI) that has been certified as a Participant in the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program.
How to award a streamlined 8(a) Sole Source Contract:
1. Discuss project with Media Alliance Partners (ITI & MSI) and establish technical requirements, a time frame, and a price estimate.
2. Contact your Agency Contracting Officer (KO), Small Business Specialist/Advocate or Mr. George D. Carlisle, SBA Business Opportunity Specialist (BOS) supporting Media Alliance, for assistance and provide a package that includes the requirements description, estimated period of performance, applicable NAICS code, anticipated dollar value, etc. 1AW FAR19.804-2 “Agency Offering”. (Media Alliance has prepared packages available.)
3. The KO will send an Offering letter to the SBA requesting permission to conduct sole source negotiations with Media Alliance. (Media Alliance will have alerted their BOS representative to expect the package in order to expedite the process.)
4. The SBA confirms eligibility of Media Alliance and authorizes the negotiations.
5. The KO negotiates with Media Alliance.
• Simplified Acquisition efforts do not require a Technical proposal; the
KO sends RFQ to Media Alliance requesting cost proposal; upon receipt,
KO negotiates cost and terms with Media Alliance.
• If the estimate exceeds the Simplified Acquisition Threshold, the KO
sends RFP to Media Alliance requesting technical and cost proposals;
upon receipt, KO negotiates cost and terms with Media Alliance.
6. Upon completion of negotiations, KO prepares a contract award document and sends to Media Alliance for signature.
7. Upon receipt of the executed contract from Media Alliance, the KO signs contract and sends it to the SBA.
8. Contract performance begins.
The entire acquisition process should take two weeks or less.